Monday, August 6, 2012

The Promise of a New Year!

I hope that this finds you well, feeling blessed by the season of our Lord’s birth and ready to
boldly step into the future that God has in store for you. I came across this the other day and I believe it’s a wonderful way to start the New Year off and honestly each new day.

Dear Past, Thank you for your lessons. Dear Future, I’m ready. Dear God, Thank you for another chance. My hope is that the Body of Christ through Bethel will not only embrace this statement but also apply it to our own individual faith walks. I feel a sense of urgency in the Christian community like never before and I don’t think it’s because of the hype about the end of the world. I believe it’s a call from our creator to truly live out our faith. To stop playing church and be the church, to not only offer a hand out but more importantly a hand up, to empower and employ believers everywhere to embrace their faith, their story, and their witness in the world. Is this a crazy, out of reach hope for this the year of our Lord 2012? I don’t think so. I think it’s the right time and the right place to cast our fears aside, to worry less about our own fortunes and focus on the kingdom of all, to put our hopes and dreams, hearts and minds on the task at hand, which is sharing our faith stories, sharing our gifts, sharing our blessings, and reaching out our hands in unity, in peace, in hope for the Kingdom without end.I encourage you to join us as the Church by worshipping, learning, loving and living like Christ.For such a time as this may never be experienced again! Live boldly this year in the palm of God’s hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment